AJA Ki Pro Rack - File Based 1RU Recorder and Player - Digital Recorders
AJA KI PRO RACK (KIPRORACK) Ki Pro Rackmount Digital File Recorder with Apple ProRes 422 and DNxHD, includes: 2 x AC Power Cords (No Storage Modules included). The power of Ki Pro in a 1RU format, the perfect fit for broadcasters transitioning away from tape.
- Transition to file-based workflows- For video facilities transitioning from tape to file-based workflows for recording and playback, Ki Pro Rack offers high-quality, ‘ready-to-edit' file capture, designed to get material from source to editorial as quickly as possible. With a wealth of professional connections, Ki Pro Rack will fit right into your existing cabling and routing system and record 10-bit Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD files direct to removable hard disk or SSD Storage Modules, eliminating the need for time-consuming logging and capturing. The files can be used in most editing systems without the need for additional transcoding or importing processes.
- 10-bit, full raster recording- Big on quality - but not on file size. Recording 10-bit, full raster files, Ki Pro Rack gives you high quality images that easily stand up to post processing requirements - and client scrutiny. Compared to 8-bit recording devices, 10-bit 4:2:2 recording provides greater dynamic range, giving a superior representation of the original scene and allowing for more flexibility in post production when adjusting color and balance. By utilizing efficient ProRes and DNxHD codes, file sizes are kept in check so you won't need to blow your production budget on extra storage.
- RS-422 Control- Ki Pro Rack features RS-422 control, enabling it to be easily integrated with editing systems, external controllers and even other tape decks, and fulfill all the functions of a traditional VTR. Systems can perform assemble edits direct to the Ki Pro Rack Storage Modules, often faster than rendering to ProRes or DNxHD files within an editing system. Ki Pro Rack's RS-422 connection can also be used to directly capture tape-based media into Ki Pro Rack as ProRes footage ready for editing or archiving.
- Familiar controls and operation- Anyone familiar with the operation of a tape deck will feel immediately at home with Ki Pro Rack. Just like a traditional tape deck, Ki Pro Rack features straightforward dedicated Record, Play, Rewind and FastForward buttons making the transition easy to with minimal training time. The current status of the Ki Pro Rack and all configuration information is clearly displayed on the built-in screen. The embedded OS uses a fast, flat menu structure that allows full configuration to be done directly on the device with no need to connect to a laptop to access operational parameters.
- Professional connections- The video and audio connections on the back of the Ki Pro Rack are the same type as found on traditional tape decks, allowing Ki Pro Rack to fit right into your current cabling and routing. The rear connections include SDI, HDMI, component analog, balanced audio connectors, LTC input/output, RS-422 control and LAN.
- Dual media drives- The twin media drive bays on the Ki Pro Rack allow extremely fast media changes - you can switch drives and start recording straight away, without having to wait to eject the first one. All Ki Pro models capture 10-bit footage direct to reliable storage media. Ki Pro and Ki Pro Rack use AJA Storage Modules, available in spinning disk or SSD variants that connect directly to your editing system via a built-in FireWire 800 connection. Backed by a 1-year warranty, AJA Storage Modules are engineered with reinforced connections and thoroughly tested, ready for intensive use. Record times are longer than standard tapes as well, minimizing the number of media changes needed.
- Ethernet file transfer- Because of its network connectivity, media can be copied to and from the Ki Pro Rack over the Ethernet connection. This allows for fast file transfers without the need to physically remove the media from the Ki Pro Rack, which can be especially useful in larger facilities and cuts down dramatically on the number of people that have to enter the machine room, minimizing the risk of unintentional interference with equipment. Like all other Ki Pro's, multiple Ki Pro Racks can be networked together for control via a single interface.
- Integrated AJA hardware conversion- Ki Pro Rack has AJA's industry-leading conversion technology built in so you can perform high-quality up/down/cross conversion during recording or playback without having to use a second device.
|Video Input||Digital:1 Channel, selectable input SD and HD-SDI (2xBNC), SMPTE-259/292/296 HDMI, Analog:SD/HD Component(3xBNCS):SMPTE/EBU N10, Betacam 525 line, Betacam 525J, YPbPr 12-bit A/D, 2x oversampling|
|Video Output(all simultaneously active)||Digital:SD and HD-SDI, SMPTE- 259/292/296 (1xBNC)HDMI, Analog:Composite(1xBNC):NTSC,NTSCJ, PAL 12-bit D/A, 8x oversampling, SD/HD Component (3xBNCs):SD:SMPTE/EBU N10, Betacam 525 line, Betacam 525J, RGB 12-bit D/A, 8x oversampling HD: YPbPr, RGB 12-bit D/A, 2x oversampling|
|Audio Input||Digital:AES 24-bit, 8 channel, 48kHz (4xBNC) 24-bit SDI embedded audio, 8 channel, 48kHz HDMI embedded, 2 channel,Analog:24-bit A/D, 2 channel balanced (2 XLR), 48kHz, Input level:Line|
|Audio Output||Digital:AES 24-bit, 8 channel, 48kHz (4xBNC) 24-bit SDI embedded audio, 8 channel, 48kHz HDMI embedded, 2 channel,Analog:24-bit D/A, 2 channel balanced XLR, 48kHz|
|Network||10/100/1000 Ethernet (RJ45),Embedded webserver for remote control|
|Panel User Interface||2 x 20 character display, with dedicated buttons|
|Timecode||LTC timecode input and output via BNC, SDI embedded RP188 timecode, On-screen timecode display on SDI 2 output|
|Serial Port||RS-422 (slave pinout), 9-pin (available beginning with version 2.0 firmware)‚Connector pinout is as follows:1 GND,2 TX -,3 RX +,4 GND,5 No Connection,6 GND,7 TX +,8 RX -,9 GND,Shell GND|
|Hardware up conversion - 10-bit||Anamorphic: full-screen, Pillar box 4:3: results in a 4:3 image in center of screen with black sidebars, Zoom 14:9: results in a 4:3 image zoomed slightly to fill a 14:9 image with black side bars, Zoom Letterbox: image zoomed to fill screen, Zoom Wide: combination of zoom and horizontal stretch to fill 16:9 screen; this setting can introduce a small aspect ratio change|
|Hardware down conversion - 10-bit||Anamorphic: full-screen, Letterbox:image is reduced with black top and bottom added to image area with the aspect ratio preserved, Crop: image is cropped to fit new screen size, Hardware cross conversion - 10-bit 1080i to 720P,720P to 1080i|
|Storage Module drive bays||2 (each with eject button and select LED)|
|Physical||Height: 1.75" (4.45cm),Width: 19" (48.26cm),Depth: 12.5" front panel to the back of the deepest connector (37.75cm)|
|Temperature||Operating Temperature Range: 5C to 40C, Safe Storage,Temperature Range (power OFF): -20C to 60C|
|Power||Voltage: 100-240 VAC, Typical operating power: 40W|
We Also Recommend
AJA 4K/UltraHD and 2K/HD Recorder/Player with Multi-Channel encoding Support includes: AC Adapter (AC to 4-pin XLR), handle, feet (Storage not included)
Atomos Ninja Inferno 7.1" AtomHDR 4K/HD 10-bit ProRes/DNx HDMI Monitor/Recorder
Only 0 left in stock.