AJA HDR 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD frame synchronizer and converter
The FS-HDR HDR/WCG Converter/Frame Synchronizer from AJA is specifically designed to provide HDR (High Dynamic Range) and WCG (Wide Colour Gamut)–video processing. Proprietary Colourfront algorithms offer real-time colour fidelity and minimal-latency for both UHD/4K and HD/2K workflows. The FS-HDR also works as a single-channel UHD 4K cross-converter, or a 4-channel HD/2K converter, complete with HDR, scaling, colour correction, and deinterlacing functions.
Colourfront Engine is incorporated within the FS-HDR, providing video and colour-space processing. Cinematic colour spaces like ARRI Log C, Canon Log 2/3, Panasonic V-Log, RED Log3G10/Wide Gamut, and Sony S-Gamut3/S-Log3 are accurately reproduced and converted from log to either HDR or SDR output.
With a wide range of connection options for both video and audio, in frame synchronizer mode the FS-HDR does the work of four separate devices in 2K/HD/SD. Combine all the processors and channels together for maximum flexibility for UHD/4K productivity. UHD/4K input and output options include quad 1.5G, dual 3G, and quad 3G, 6G and 12G over a range of SDI and optional fiber choices.
In single-channel mode, the FS-HDR will upscale your HD or SD materials to UHD/4K and back, with a wide array of audio channels over Fiber, 3G-SDI, AES, and MADI connectors. In four-channel mode, the FS-HDR provides multi-channel conversion with up to 4-channels of simultaneous processing for 2K/HD and SD signals. Closed captioning is preserved even when converting between formats, and a looping Reference input enables locking to your housed reference signal.
These multiple conversion/synchronizer features are housed within the FS-HDR's compact 1 RU frame. Control the FS-HDR using the front panel buttons, or the web-based user interface via the built-in 10/100/1000Mb Ethernet port. When working with large installations, configurations can be applied and saved to multiple FS-HDR units, ensuring consistency and speed.
A new standalone app, FS-HDR Control Link, can be run on a local PC or Mac to provide communications between the Tangent panel’s USB interface and an Ethernet LAN, and ultimately connect to the FS-HDR. With v2.6 firmware and FS-HDR Control Link software, you can control parameters across multiple FS-HDRs and utilize 4x FS-HDRs simultaneously for 8K needs.
Control Link software can be found alongside the FS-HDR firmware under the Software panel on FS-HDR's Support page and instructions for use are included in the FS-HDR manual.
- Real-time High Dynamic Range (HDR) conversion from SDR to HDR, HDR to SDR, and HDR to HDR; BT.709 and BT.2020 support
- Colourfront Engine video processing of a single channel of 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD (including down-conversion to HD HDR), or up to four channels of 2K/HD simultaneously
- Real-time conversion of your camera's log output to 4K/UltraHD or 2K/HD, then output as either HDR or SDR; wide support of popular log formats
- HDR workflow support for a range of UHD/4K and HD/2K configurations
- Cross-conversion including upscaling, ROI scaling, colour correction, proc amp control, motion-adaptive deinterlacing, etc.
- Supports up, down, cross-conversion from SD, HD or 2K over 12G/6G/3G-SDI video to UHD/4K video and back
- Utilizes standard BNC as well as optional SFP inputs and outputs, supports SDI workflows up to 12G
- BNC and Fiber inputs and outputs accept UHD/4K/2K/HD/SD resolution SDI signals in single channel mode
- 2K/HD/SD inputs can be routed to up to four locations simultaneously
- Looping reference input allows the synchronizer to be locked to your house reference signal for rock-solid stability
- Carry multiple SDI, MADI, and AES signals along a single cable for an array of routing possibilities including 1 to 1, or 1 to many
- Configure and control using the front panel buttons, or the web-based user interface via the integrated 10/100/1000MB Ethernet port
- Closed caption conversion between 2K/HD/SD and UHD/4K formats
- Compact, 1 RU size is suitable for broadcast trucks, studios, and post facilities
- 4x 3G-SDI (BNC) Inputs/Outputs
- 4x 3G-SDI (Fiber SFP) Inputs
- Real-Time HDR & WCG Conversion
- Supports SD, HD & UHD 4K Signals
- Real-Time Camera Log Conversion
- Single UHD/4K/2K/HD/SD Processor Mode
- Quad 2K/HD/SD Processors Mode
- Colourfront Engine & Algorithms
- Colour Correction & Deinterlacing
- Remote Configuration and Control
|Modes of Operation||
|Dynamic Range / Color Gamut Input||
|Colorimetry||Supports BT.709 and BT.2020|
|Video Input Digital||
|Video Output Digital||
|Format Conversion||Convert any supported input format to any supported output format, within the same frame rate family
Frame Rate Families:
Supported in 2K/HD/SD formats:
|Aspect Ratio Conversion||
|Audio Input Digital||
|Audio Output Digital||
|Presets||40 presets per mode|
Operating Temperature: 32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
Storage Temperature: -40 to 140°F (-40 to 60°C)
Operating Relative Humidity: 10 to 90%, non-condensing
Operating Altitude: <10,000' (<3000 m)
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||17.5 x 16 x 1.75" (1 RU) (445 x 406 x 45 mm)|
|Weight||7.9 lb (3.6 kg)|
We Also Recommend
Only 0 left in stock.