Manfrotto 502A Pro Video Head with 75mm Half Ball
The Manfrotto 502A Pro Video Head with 75mm Half Ball is an affordable yet remarkably fully featured professional head that represents an advance over the popular 501HDV, with sturdier construction and a half ball for precise leveling on a corresponding tripod. The 502A comes in two versions—the "A" ball-base version such as this one, and the "AH" flat-base version which is separately available.
Featuring Manfrotto's patented bridging technology (inherited from the 509 and 504 heads), the 502A is designed for executing cinematic moves with compact camcorders and DSLR video cameras. The weight limit is 15.43 lb and counterbalance supports up to 8.8 lb. The balance plate's 3.27" range allows you to correct for uneven payloads that might be due to matte boxes or exotic DSLR rig configurations.
The bridging technology ensures that the pan friction control is intuitive and easy to set, but also protected against knocks. There are independent locks for pan and tilt, and drag for both is selectable in a continuous range from zero to the max level. This allows you to operate the head in a confident, smooth manner using the included pan bar.
Manfrotto MVT502AM Aluminum Telescopic Twin Leg Video Tripod
Manfrotto's MVT502AM Aluminum Telescopic Twin Leg Video Tripod is a lightweight support designed for DSLRs, camcorders and light video cameras. The telescopic twin-leg structure and ellipse-profile aluminum tubes provide a rigid and secure support, along with leg locking collars, first-stage spreader and high-grip rubber feet. The 2-stage/3-section MVT502AM has a 75mm bowl (with a 60 mm adapter) for compatibility with professional video heads.
- For video tripods with 75mm half balls
- 75mm half ball connects to the corresponding bowl in a tripod
- Pan drag and tilt drag are continuously adjustable from 0 (no drag) to the maximum level
- Sliding quick release plate secured by secondary safety system
- Ideal high-performance tripod for HDSLRs and camcorders with accessories
- Rigid and stable telescopic twin-leg design with mid-level spreader
- Compact when closed, easy to transport with built-in carrying handle
- Compatible with all professional 75mm/60mm half-ball video heads
- Fast, simple and smooth set-up with ergonomic quick-release leg locking collars and new rubber feet that grip all surfaces and protect delicate floors
|Camera Mounting Screw
|1 x 1/4"-20 Male
1 x 3/8"-16 Male
|Balance Plate Sliding Range
|3.27" / 83 mm
|15.43 lb / 7 kg
|Fixed (8.8 lb / 4 kg)
|5.91" / 15 cm
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)
|15.2 x 8.7 x 8.6"
Manfrotto MVT502AM Aluminum Telescopic Twin Leg Video Tripod Specs
|Head Mount Type
|75 mm Bowl
|33 lb / 15 kg
|Maximum Working Height
|56.5" / 143.5 cm
|Minimum Working Height
|22.44" / 57 cm
|24.21" / 61.5 cm
|4.23 lb / 2 kg
|Leg Lock Type
|Independent Leg Spread
|Center Column Features
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)
|24.5 x 6.7 x 6"